Today, we’re discussing the question of whether the creation of Adam can be trusted as reliable history. Well, credible witnesses in both the Old and New Testaments confirm the creation story of Adam as a historical event.
- Moses wrote the account of Adam’s creation in Genesis and included him in a historical genealogy in Deuteronomy
- Job referred to Adam as a historical person in the book that bears his name
- Paul and Jude mentioned the historical Adam in their epistles
- Luke included a reference to a historical Adam in his gospel’s genealogy
- Jesus Christ Himself mentioned Adam’s creation as a historical event in Matthew’s gospel
So, the jury of biblical witnesses is clear – the account of Adam’s creation is a TRUE STORY. Like Psalm 119:160 says, God’s Word “is true from the beginning.” From Genesis to Revelation, we can trust that what God told us really happened.
You might say, “Okay, but that’s the Bible proving the Bible. What does the archeological record say?” We’ll address that question another time. Until then, find more apologetic resources at debunked.org. Stay bold!